|CIMCO NC Base 8.0
One of the most time-consuming jobs for a CNC programmer is management of their part programs and associated production documents. NC-Base makes that job easier and goes one step further. By providing programmers with an integrated and flexible search and editing tool they can work more efficiently and effectively.
When combined with DNC-Max the job is even easier. DNC-Max can automatically import data into NC-Base, including defining characteristics such as part number, description, operation, etc., making the programmer's job of reviewing and managing uploaded data less of a chore. For operators on the shop floor, a view only version of the NC-Base Client makes easy work of retrieving part programs and viewing production documents in a paperless environment.
Discrete part manufacturers, no matter what they machine, have to work with CNC programs - every one of them, whether the programs are generated by an in-house programming department or provided by vendors or third party programmers. Since the beginning CIMCO has focused on tools that help manufacturers manage, optimize, and distribute CNC programs.
- Powerful SQL Database Engine capable of handling hundred of thousands of programs and their associated production files.
- Comprehensive Search Functionality modeled after the standard Microsoft search tool but enhanced for CNC program searching.
- Customizable Data Fields of up to nine (9) user-definable fields are available to categorize and manage programs the way the customer wants.
- Production Document Management is provided where customers can associate all forms of production documents with their CNC programs including setup sheets, tool lists, memos, inspection notes, image files, etc. Includes integrated image viewing (for standard file types) and the ability to launch external applications and/or editors for viewing of proprietary or specialized file formats
- File Templates are provided for setup sheet, tool list, and memo. This feature automatically creates the files, based on templates you create in CIMCO Edit, MS Word, an HTML editor, etc.
- Backup Controls provide flexible and configurable backup capabilities including backup single and multiple files, restore, and compare.
- Approval Controls allow programmers to mark files as approved or unapproved thereby limiting access for communications. An approval queue also offers a quick tool for programmers to see which files, if any, are present in a queue to be reviewed for approval.
- Version Controls allow programmers total control and flexibility over file versioning including the capability to compare updates with originals and in-process edits - and handle the changes accordingly.
- Locking Controls allow programmers to lock files to control editing and communication access.
- User/Group Management - Rights Controls are designed into NC-Base allowing you to limit access and control what each individual user or group is able to work with inside the NC-Base Client.
- Machine Groups allows administrators to create groups for machines/ports for association with part programs. Works with CIMCO Edit Professional.
- DNC Communication using CIMCO Edit or DNC-Max. Users are then able to initiate 'send' transfers from within the NC-Base Client interface.
- Automated Import eliminates the need for programmers to manually input programs during the initial installation or as programs are created inside CIMCO Edit or auto-received from DNC-Max.
- Integrated Interface Inside CIMCO Edit allowing customers to work within one environment for both editing and managing their CNC programs and associated documents.
Integration with CNC communications is critical for full CNC program management. NC-Base has that covered with two powerful capabilities:
- Ethernet (Networked) Control Support includes support for auto-import of programs into NC-Base when saved off from networked (TCP/IP, etc.) CNC controls
- Seamless Integration with DNC-Max is available, extending the capabilities of both systems for the most advanced, automated file management anywhere